For the Dough:
- 1 Lb Flour
- 2 Eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Lb Butter, cold
- Milk, as much as needed
For the Filling:
- 1 Lb Basket Cheese or Ricotta cheese
- 3 Eggs +1 egg for the egg wash
- 1/4 Lb Provolone – Sharp
- 1/4 Lb Mozzarella
- 4 Tbs Grated Pecorino cheese
- 1/4 Lb Prosciutto
- 1/4 Lb Sopressata
- 1/4 Lb Mortadella
- Fresh black pepper, as desired
Preparing the Dough:
- In a stand mixer, add the flour, salt and the butter cut in cubes.
- Let the flour absorb all the butter. Add the eggs and let them mix well.
- Add enough milk (about 1/4 + Cups) until you have a firm ball of dough.
- Let it rest.
Preparing the Filling:
- Cut all the meats and cheeses in small cubes and put in a large bowl.
- Add the grated Pecorino and mix.
- Add the eggs and mix.
- Add the basket cheese and mix well. Add fresh black pepper as desired. Set aside.
Assembling the Pizza Rustica:
- Preheat the oven at 350F
- Butter and flour a 9″ springform pan.
- Cut a little less than 1/3 of the dough and set aside.
- With a rolling pin, roll the large piece of dough in a thin circle.
- Place the dough over the springform pan so that it overflows the borders of the pan.
- Add the filing and spread it evenly.
- With a sharp knife, cut the excess dough from around the border of the pan.
- With the remaining dough, roll it thin and with a ravioli cutter, cut strips to make the criss-cross strips and arrange them on top of the filling.
- Wet the strips with egg wash and bake for about 1 hr and 15 mins.
recipe from cookingwithnonna.com
Easter Peep Blondies
- 2¼ cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened
- 1½ cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup white Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup milk Chocolate Chips
- Easter candy of your choice (optional)
- Easter sprinkles
- 6-8 Peeps
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt, set aside
- In a large mixing bowl combine softened butter and brown sugar. Mix well until smooth.
- Add vanilla to the butter mixture and then the eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add the flour to the butter mixture 1/2 cup at a time, (but make sure to be mixing the whole time.)
- Stir in both types of chocolate chips, sprinkles & your choice of Easter candy.
- Spread the mixture into a greased pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3-5 minutes before you need to remove the blondies from the oven press the Peeps into the surface and continue baking for 5 minutes, until golden and extra puffed.
- Cool in pan for a little, then cut and enjoy!
…more coming soon!