Applewood Smoked Bacon wrapped Meatloaf Medallion
(with a brown sugar homemade barbecue sauce glaze topped with crispy fried onions)
•1 medium sized onion, diced
•2 cloves garlic, minced
•1 tablespoon butter
•1 1/2 pounds ground beef
•1 large egg
•1 cup bread crumbs
•1 cup milk
1 tablespoon of honey barbecue sauce
•1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
•1 teaspoon thyme
•6 applewood smoked Bacon slices
•1/2 cup & 1 tablespoon of ketchup
•1 tablespoon brown sugar
•1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
•1/2 cup fried onion pieces
- Preheat oven or grill to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Melt butter in saute pan over medium heat. Cook onions until fragrant and slightly brown while stirring occasionally, about 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, honey barbecue sauce, 1 tablespoon of ketchup and cooked onions and garlic. Use hands to mix well, but try not to over work the meat. Divide into six equal sized portions and shape into disks.
- Wrap bacon slices around edge of medallions. The size of the meatloaf medallion should be so that the bacon ends just meet or slightly overlap.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ketchup with mustard and brown sugar. Divide equally and spread over the tops of the mini meatloaves. Sprinkle tops with crispy fried onions.
- Bake in preheated oven or grill until bacon is just golden, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
I served my meatloaf medallions over a brushing of the homemade barbecue sauce, with a side of a thin crispy garlic thyme potato roast topped with red pepper flakes and steamed himalayan salt broccoli
All photos and content on this page are property of Haute Cuisine Forever and Always (unless otherwise noted) , please do not redistribute in any way without contacting me for my permission. Thank you in advance!
… more coming soon!