Garlicky Parmesan Kale Salad with roasted Chick Peas
• 6 cups kale, loosely chopped or torn
• shredded parmesan (enough to sprinkle on top)
For the dressing:
• 1 head garlic
• 1/4 cup tahini
• 2 Tbsp olive oil + more for roasting garlic
• 2 lemons, juiced
• 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
• Pinch of salt & pepper
• Hot water to thin
For the Chickpeas:
• 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and thoroughly dried
• 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
• 3 Tbsp tandoori masala spice blend
(Tandoori Masala Blend: 3 Tbsp cumin, 2 Tbsp garlic powder, 2 Tbsp paprika, 3 tsp ginger, 2 tsp coriander, 2 tsp cardamom. Multiply as needed.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel apart garlic cloves but leave the skin on and set aside.
- Add drained chickpeas to a mixing bowl and toss with oil and seasonings.
- Add garlic cloves and seasoned chickpeas to a baking sheet. Drizzle garlic with a bit of olive oil. Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until the chickpeas are slightly crispy and golden and the smell of garlic is fragrant and slightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Squeeze garlic out of skins and add to a mixing bowl. Add all remaining dressing ingredients and whisk vigorously to combine, smashing the garlic with the whisk. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired, adding more lemon for brightness and maple syrup for sweetness. Set aside.
- Add kale to a large mixing bowl. Before adding dressing, add 1 Tbsp each lemon juice and olive oil to the kale and massage with hands to soften the texture and lessen bitterness. Then add as much dressing as desired (some may be leftover) and mix with a spoon.
- Sprinkle parmesan and top with chickpeas and serve. Best when fresh (Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to a few days.)
All photos and content on this page are property of Haute Cuisine Forever and Always (unless otherwise noted) , please do not redistribute in any way without contacting me for my permission. Thank you in advance!
…more coming soon!